~ Please join us for Sunday Worship ~
11:30 am - Holy Eucharist Rite II - outdoors
Open Seating - please wear a mask
Re-Opening St. Francis: Next StepsSt. Francis Family and Friends:
As I write this, my heart is full of praise and thanksgiving. We have done well. With the blessing of God, and with your wisdom, patience and faithfulness over the last 14 months, we have not only thus far successfully weathered the scourge of COVID-19, but - as you have read in various reports - we have even prospered and thrived as a community. This struggle is not over yet, of course. We must continue to be loving and vigilant for however long this virus is a threat. But we can rejoice that times are changing and people are beginning to feel a palpable sense of hope and relief.
With that in mind, it is time to take the next, gentle steps in re-opening St. Francis. To that end, our COVID-19 Safety Task Force (CSTF) recently met to consider the next major phase in our return to the practice of gathered Christian community that is so rich and rewarding in our parish. Immediately below, you will find the new list of protocols that will guide us as we reopen for indoor worship and expand outdoor flexibility. I hope every one of you will take advantage of the work the CSTF has done to provide a safe, physical space at St. Francis for worship and fellowship. You can thank them by attending a service of your choice at St. Francis when you feel the time is right for you and/or your family.
God’s peace and blessings,
Indoor and Outdoor COVID-19 Protocols, Effective May 9, 2021
The COVID-19 Safety Task Force (CSTF) of St. Francis met on April 27, 2021, to consider the easing of parish worship restrictions and move to a new phase of reopening. The group discussed current diocesan and CDC guidelines as they apply to the major areas of our parish life. The following updated protocols for indoor and outdoor worship were established, subject to change as needed.
I. Indoor Worship
• Indoor Worship resumes on May 9 following CDC and diocesan guidelines.
• Indoor services will continue to be streamed to Facebook and YouTube.
• Seating will initially be limited to roughly 30 people, not including the worship team.
• Registration is required.
• Masking and social-distancing is required.
• Worship leaders will unmask for reading, liturgy, etc.
• Worship leaders (readers, etc.) are required to be fully vaccinated.
• Windows will be opened for ventilation before, during, and after the service.
• Indoor congregational singing is not allowed at this time.
• Unvaccinated adults, youth and children are encouraged to attend the outdoor service.
II. Outdoor Worship
• Services will be modified to reflect current CDC and diocesan guidelines.
• Attendance is no longer limited, and registration will no longer be required.
• Per CDC guidelines, masks and social distancing are still required outdoors.
• Adult worship leaders may unmask for reading, liturgy, etc.
• Adult worship leaders (readers, etc.) are required to be fully vaccinated.
• Congregational singing is allowed.
• Unmasked song leaders may be used at appropriate social distance.
• Service is subject to weather, and may be cancelled or moved as necessary.
• A service reminder and weather update will be sent on Saturday evenings.
Join us for
Information on how to participate remotely is updated every week.
Lectionary Bible Study - Wednesdays at 10 am
NOTE: There is no Lectionary Bible Study on Wednesday, April 7, 2021.