Anti-Racism ResourcesApril 3, 2020
What’s happening at St. FrancisMay 1, 2021
COVID Update - November 2021
Dear St. Francis Family,
This Thanksgiving, we have every reason to be grateful to God for the life of faith we share together. Since March 2020, like communities of faith everywhere, we have faced and overcome many unexpected and difficult challenges. Along that journey we have shifted and sacrificed as necessary, even when our choices were frustrating and uncomfortable. Through that caution and adaptability we have maintained the relative safety and health of our congregation. At the same time, we have expanded and enhanced our ability to reach out and do the work God has called us to do. We can be proud to say that, throughout this pandemic, we have continued to engage in the work of the Gospel at St. Francis. Thank you - each and every one of you - for your prayerful devotion during this time.
Our COVID Safety Task Force (CSTF) recently met to discuss our parish protocols in light of current county and regional data relative to the transmission levels of COVID-19. For now, and throughout the coming Holiday season, the decision has been made to maintain the current COVID protocols. Several key factors led to this decision, including:
• The current HIGH positivity rate in Chester County, as per the CDC
• Unknowns regarding viral transmission during the colder months
• A desire to protect the vulnerable and still unvaccinated (especially children)
The CSTF will continue to monitor the data from both Chesco Health and the CDC, and implement guidelines from the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania, as applicable. As a reminder, here is a summary of our current protocols for worship:
• Masks are strongly encouraged for the vaccinated, and required for the unvaccinated.
• Vaccinations are required for all who serve in a worship-related ministry on Sunday morning: Acolytes, Choir, Readers, Usher, Greeters, etc.
• Social distancing is encouraged. Ample seating space is usually available during worship toward the front of the nave and in both north and south transepts. Please spread out.
• Streaming of the 10am service will continue indefinitely.
I want to thank you again for your patience, and for your willingness to embrace small inconveniences so that others may worship in comfort, safety, and peace. I especially want to thank our COVID Safety Task Force for 18 months of ongoing wisdom and guidance.
God bless, Fr. Kevin+
The COVID Safety Task Force is: Jane Brooks, Diane Faison, Dan Goff, Sue Lenkaitis, Sherri Lewis, Earl Needhammer, Joe Perry, Connie Scanga, John Stearns, Shirley Warren, & Fr. Kevin Dellaria